The L3Harris Binocular Night Vision Device, also known by the military nomenclature AN/PVS-31A, is a compact, lightweight, Generation III high-performance white phosphor dual-tube goggle.
The device has an ergonomic low-profile design and offers superior situational awareness compared to a single tube goggle. Working directly with input from Special Forces operators, the BNVD was designed to increase system resolution, significantly reduce head-borne weight and improve system center of gravity.
L3Harris also offers the AN/PVS-31C configuration for the U.S. Air Force.
- Manual system gain and focus adjustments for custom image quality optimization
- Lightweight ergonomic design reduces head-borne weight and decreases neck strain
- Optional diopter lenses optimize operator preference for visual acuity
- Rotating binocular design allows low profile against helmet when in stowed position and the option to use as a single monocular
- Works with currently fielded dovetail helmet mounts
- Auto OFF when stowed; resumes power when deployed
- LED indicators in left and right monocular alert the operator when the BNVD has no less than 10 minutes of battery life remaining
- Replaceable/upgradeable I2 tube assemblies